Well…semi-annual really. So how did I observe the ritual this year?
1. I washed loads upon loads of laundry (Yet, how is it I still have nothing clean?)
2. I knit a pair of socks,
3. then promptly started another, much larger pair.
4. I finished spinning the never ending mound of hand-dyed, acid green, wool/silk rolags.
5. I began plying said acid green singles…then, decided I didn’t really have enough for this.
This is a worsted 6 ply yarn- yes I am insane.
6. So I promptly died more of the evil acid green stuff, plus a bit of contrasting color.
Neely decided she was needed for scale.
7. I then carded up half of the green stuff and spun about a third of a bobbin.
8. I added 12 inches to the hideous grey monstrosity (also know as the sweater from hell).
Please note that this is an extra large tall sweater knit in 100% cashmere on US 2 needles and that in the last year I have knit and ripped back the neck no less than 6 times- we’re finally making progress now people!
9. I decided that the cuffs on said grey monstrosity needed a special somethin’ somethin’. Thus, I plied up some recycled blue cashmere as a contrasting color for the hem. (Neely says it coordinates well with her eyes.)
Aren’t they pretty together?
10. I washed half of a 5.5lb wensleydale X fleece- gosh golly, was it ever dirty.
Oh and incidentally, I lied. The paper wasn’t 60+ pages long. I kinda gave up after 51.